Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why I Love Hillary Clinton How Hillarys Inspiration Saved My Life

I made a lot of wrong turns in my life I took the wrong path when I was young. When you are young and in the ghetto selling drugs/gang banging/ and life on the streets is an attractive alternative. Most of us saw selling crack as a way to break out of the poverty we all lived in.

I joined a gang at the age of 11 although we didn't have any "official street gangs" thats what we were. I sold drugs and faught. I have been shot and stabbed. I bare the scars of life on the street.

I remained in the game until I was 27 years old. I wanted to leave the game but was trapped.

Then came January 26,1992 This year the Superbowl fell on that day and 60 minutes was interviewing a Democrat trying to win his Primary. I never heard of them and frankly the Democrats ticked me off when they passed the Rockerfeller. I thought to myself he was just another phoney azz Liberal with a weak wife. I watched anyway. I was amazed and blown away by Hillary and I knew like I knew my name that she would be President.

I started following her and the press and Ken Starr was so mean to her that it would make me angry. I started thinking that if Hillary could go through all that abuse and remain strong I could quit selling drugs and work full time. I did just that. I went straight. I remember the days when I thought I wouldn't live to see 21 then 25 and now I am turning 46 years old. I never expected to see my six children grow to adulthood and here I am watching them become parents.
I, often, wonder what would have happened to me if I had not watched 60 minutes that superbowl Sunday. I wonder if I would be writting this right now.
For all the talk in 2008 I never heard the truth out of the media. I knew I wasn't the only one that she inspired more people then just myself.
I have one message for Secretary Clinton I am so thankful for all you have done and how much you have inspired me. I hope I can inspire you to run for President again. I am willing to help you in whatever way I can. Thanks for the Inspiration and giving this girl from the hood something to look up to.

1 comment:

Alex said...

That's an incredible, amazing story. I hope you've let Hillary know how she's helped you. No doubt the world is a richer place with you and your children in it!