Friday, November 27, 2009

What I am Thankful For This Thanksgiving

I have been thinking a lot this week about Thanksgiving. This year I have a lot to be thankful for. I have had quite a year in 2009 a year that found me fighting two big ulititie Companies and the town I lived in to try to save my home. I didn't have either water or gas for most of last winter. I had to heat off just one room of my home to stay warm.
Thanks to the no water and no gas Child Protective Services moved me into a homeless shelter with my daughter. It was actually a nice shelter and we had our own rather large apartment but it still wasn't my home plus it was away from my family and my two young adults were stuck in the house. I was there a total of three weeks before I found a house that I can afford.
I still don't have all my stuff moved in yet and I am still waiting for them to deliver my furniture and the landlord still needs to fix some things but I have a home where I can keep my cats and its a large house. I also have gas and water lines inside my own home and not inside abondonded houses. I am thankful that my family is all together and I have a beautiful granddaughter. I am also expecting another granddaughter in March of 2010. I have a lot to be thankful for and I will never take things like gas and water for granted again.
Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: