Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gang Violence Linked To Social Roots (The Republican 08.09.09)

http://www.masslive.com/metrowest/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-21/124971631277770.xml&coll=1

This is one of the best articles on gang violence that I have read in a long time. It was refreshing to read the truth because most of the stuff you read about Street Gangs are made up.
I joined a gang at the age of 11 because I wanted to make sure that no one would ever hurt me again. I remained a gangbanger because I loved the lifestyle. I "aged" out of the criminal activities choosing instead to get a "legitimate" job and raising a family. I became what is known in the hood as an OG or (Original Gangsta). I left that lifestyle because it is very hard to continue to sell crack cocaine on the streets not because of law enforcement but that is always an issue but because when you stand on that corner selling crack a little piece of your soul dies.
We do not need to lock everyone up but there are things that we can do. We can first of all join together and OVERTURN THE ROCKERFELLER LAW This law puts young men in prison sometimes for life just for selling crack on the streets.
This law is the reason this girl from the hood rarely votes for a Party. The Democrats are the party responsible for millions of poor men going to prison everyday. Putting a fraud in the White House will never make up for the Rockerfeller especially for me.

No comments: